Monday, June 15, 2009

Yippeeeee!

No diabetic meds for me!

My gestational diabetes seems to have responded well enough to diet and exercise, so as long as I can keep the numbers under control, it looks like I am an "uncomplicated" case for the present. I am sooooo relieved. I suppose that if this changes in the next few weeks, I will figure out how to deal with it, but it is great to have my work trying to control it pay off this way!

My uterus is measuring about 1 cm large still, and my weight is a little less than it was last visit (2 pounds, I believe), but not so much that they remarked on it. Baby's heartrate was good, and in the 130s, so I actually don't have to go to another doctor's appointment for 2 whole weeks, provided nothing interesting happens in the meantime.

Phew!

4 comments:

Susan in PA said...

Your title says it ALL.

Anonymous said...

Excellent news!

Susan in PA said...

How's the diet and baby doing?

Unknown said...

Wow! What a beautiful news!! Congratulations. I'm a mum of a little boy called Marlow and I really enjoy reading other mummy stories online. If you still fancy searching baby names http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ is a great place to search as you can look by origin and meaning! I just had my first baby, a little boy called Marlow. Love the blog - I really hope things go well for you hun and I'm looking forward to your birth story xxxx