Saturday, July 26, 2008

Tricks of the new trade

We discovered on Wednesday night that there is a gas station about a third of the way "home" from Dan's new job on the freeway route (as opposed to the country highway route) that sells gasoline for $3.73 per gallon. There are at least 3 stations in that area that fight for the business of long-distance drivers and truckers. (These are the sort of stations with trucker showers.) We missed the cheapest of them, but we stopped shortly past it and found gasoline for $3.75 per gallon. With several more drives like that in store, it is nice to find simple ways to save a little. When we got home that night, prices were $3.98. The other nice thing about this all is that the stations are just a few exits from the town we think we may settle in eventually, so it's concievable this could be a long-term benefit. I'm sure in the context of So Cal gas prices, this must seem especially nice. We're duly appreciative.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well here you can get for 4.19. Happily my car gets close to 30 mpg city. We will not discuss the truck mileage.

Nice you are finding good things. We hope you find many more!

Angie said...

Gas runs around 4.10-4.15 in this area. I am also grateful for good gas mileage!

That's an excellent find, especially with a lot of driving in the near future for you guys.

Say hello to the cats for me ;).

Susan in PA said...

Best we've done is $3.90 at BJ's Warehouse Store ( a Costco clone based in Massachusetts) in New Castle, Delaware, after we dropped Rachel at the airport to go to SoCal.
I know I had to sign on to buying the Durango after the Buick blew its head gasket, but I still hate its mileage. Thank goodness we have Anne's car too.

Susan in PA said...

Rumor has it that a Costco may open in Downingtown, 7 miles from us....and across the road from Bj's (no gas). This is also 5 miles from a Sam's Club (no gas).

If the rumor is true, the new Costco better have gas!! Welcome to California East with snow! :)

Susan in PA said...

Tom called me just before 3 today to tell me he was OK from the quake. Contacted Rachel too.

One thing I don't miss about California.

Jon, Erin, Talia, and Elliana said...

I'm glad you found a small relief in the expense of travel. We just spent 4.32, but I have seen as low as 4.19. This is down from 4.70s, so I am grateful!