Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sadness

I found out today that a child I read about on the news several days ago was the son of someone I know. The story had made me cry as it was, back when it was just an anonymous child that had no connection to anyone I care about. I only knew his mom by first name, and her name wasn't mentioned in the news coverage, so I didn't put the two of them together when I read what had happened. I talked to her online today and she told me about him.

Here's a picture of James that I have had on my computer for at least a year. This was in early 2006, so he had grown a bit since this picture was taken.

I can't claim to understand this sort of thing at all. It seems so very unfair.

Rest in peace, little guy.

3 comments:

Catherine, detached said...

I think one of the hardest lessons to learn is that life doesn't have to be "fair" for Romans 8:28 to be true -- but true it is. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to hurry through the period of desolation to get to the point where one (blessedly) realizes that truth.

Memory eternal.

Nikki said...

Of course life doesn't have to be fair. I just really wish it would be when people I care about are hurting. *sigh*

Grumpy Old Man said...

I was climbing the hill, cursing my fate because I had no shoes--until I passed a man who had no feet.

Lord have mercy.