Sunday, October 28, 2007

Just a note

So... the last 12 days have brought 3 just here for the evening dinner guests, 3 family-member-live-in guests, a dress rehearsal, our first major concert here, a trip to the Carolina coast, final process on an issue of the magazine I edit (the completed magazine MUST be at the printer tomorrow and you know I have worked overtime this week...), a major purchase, several meals out, 2 large family gatherings in the area with more than just the people in our house, a fabulous birthday dinner out with Mom and Dad and, to sum up, quite a lot of fun, stress and sleep deprivation. I promise to blog and post pictures (I was the only one with a camera) when I get the magazine out and I dig out from under the two weeks of fatigue and my remaining responsibilities. In the meantime, I invite you to visit the Ibexscribe blog at right to find out about the portion of the last several days that she shared with us. In particular, I recommend the entry entitled "The Land of Cotton." I'm too lazy to add the actual link now. Maybe I will fix it later. :)

On my to do list today is to triage the house and finances, clean the Corolla, and read through the entire completed magazine at least twice. Piece of cake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was the major purchase?

Nikki said...

hehe. I promise we'll tell... just building up to it. You know... a little suspense. :)

Angie said...

Ashleigh beat me to it! I want to know, too. Hmm...did they get a car or is that a near future major purchase?